In today’s competitive, fast changing business environment, organizations simply cannot afford to hire the wrong person. Smart hiring has become the most critical human resources issue facing companies today.
Violence Prevention through Personal Empowerment
The risk for violence decreases when:
- People feel significant and important in most situations
- People feel competent and capable
- People feel valued and respected
- People feel empowered with some control over outcomes
- People have adequate interpersonal and communication skills
- People have the ability to adapt to change and curb impulsiveness
- People have the ability to understand cause and effect and can implement change
- People have adequate judgment skills.
Resolving disputes among family members and business partners. Family Business Planning Facilitating family councils and retreats to design successful transitions and maintain effective family communication. Succession Planning Designing Management and estate transition plans for family businesses. Forums for Family Business Round table peer groups for managers, successors, and presidents in family owned businesses. A comprehensive process which measures factors critical for family harmony and business success and used by families throughout the world to find effective solutions to their family business dynamics.
We specialize in dealing with the underlying personal and family dynamics which have an impact on the success of a family business, particularly in the areas of family employment, management succession and ownership transfer. In addition to providing services which foster transitions within a family business, we also offer dispute resolution and mediation services when crises develop that threaten both the family and the business.
Do you keep track of the following information by computer?
- Group Insurance Benefit Plans
- Job Applicants
- Wages & Salaries
- Education/ Skills
- EEO Status/Affirmative Action
- Employee Attendance
- Employee Training
- Do you give employee reference data over the phone?
- Do you distribute an Employee Handbook to employees?
Have you posted the following notices where employees can easily see them?
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Occupational Safety and Health Act
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- OSHA-200 Report (February)
- State Wage/Hour
- State Unemployment Compensation
- State Workers Compensation
Do you have an Affirmative Action Plan?
Have you determined in writing which jobs are exempt from paying overtime pay?
Do you include vacation, holidays, or other paid leave in overtime calculations?
Do you allow “compensatory time” in lieu of payfor hourly employees?
Do you have written job descriptions for each job?
Do you have a formal organized Compensation Program?
Do you offer a Section 125 Plan (Cafeteria Plan) for employees?
Do you file an EEO-1 or EEO-4 report annually?
Do you have a formal Performance Evaluation program?
Do you have an Employee Orientation program?
Do you provide training for managers/supervisors on equal employment opportunity, supervisory skills, performance management, etc.?
Do you use personnel agencies as a primary source for job candidates?